<$BlogRSDURL$> < link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://agirlfromhome.blogspot.com" /> < meta name="DC.Identifier" content="http://agfh.blogspot.com">

The life of a porn addicted housewife.

Monday, May 16, 2005

3 Days In Chicago - I Want To Go Back! 

Well we both made it home in one piece. Talk about a whirlwind vacation!
I just want to say, in public, that that was the most fun I have had in a LONG time; if not the most fun ever.

Day 1 – Friday
Left the house at around 7:00pm and went to dinner. Remember, at this point I had no idea where we going. We went to the Spaghetti Warehouse in Ybor City which is one of my favorite restaurants. Ap0k then told me that he was taking me to Chicago for the weekend. Talk about being blown away!! Normally if we go away for the weekend we go somewhere like Daytona. We have NEVER done something so dramatic before.
After dinner we went to a hotel near the airport to stay the night.

Day 2 – Saturday
Woke up at 4:30 in the morning and headed for the airport. Like normal we took a Southwest flight. I am a big fan of Southwest. It is a great no-muss/no-fuss airline. We both made it through security like butter, though neither of us have ever had a problem. While we were waiting for the flight to board we had breakfast at Chili’s. Boarded the plane and the flight took off right on time. It was a smooth flight and we landed at Midway with no problems.
After we picked up the rental car we went for our customary “get to know the city” drive. Ap0k always likes to drive around aimlessly whenever we go to a new city so that he gets the basic lay of the land. I really like that because you get to see a lot of things that you wouldn’t normally see if you just stuck to the map driving to distinct locations. After that we headed across the Skyway into Indiana. Ap0k had never seen where I was born so off to Elkhart we went.
I left Elkhart when I was 14. It was totally amazing to me that after so long, 25 years to be exact, I was able to guide him all over the town with no trouble. Granted it is a small town, but still, I remembered pretty much everything. I took him to the house I had lived in. That was pretty odd. When I had lived there there were giant pine trees at the end of the driveway. Those were gone. And you couldn’t really even see the house because whoever lives there now has built a very tall wooden fence around the entire property. Next I showed him the elementary school I had attended. It is a big old brick building. They don’t use it as a school anymore. The heating system became too expensive to manage, and replacing it was totally out of the question. They use it as a county storage facility now, but it still looks exactly the same. After that I took him to see the other schools I had went to, my grandparent’s old house (they live down here now too), the “big” mall (hahahahaha), and various parks that I used to go to.
Before we left I called my parents. They had no clue that we had even left town, let alone knew where I was. When I told them we were in Elkhart both of them completely freaked out. I took tons of pictures and video to bring back to them.
After the trip down memory lane we headed back to Chicago. We drove around some more, going through various neighborhoods looking at houses. We are both big fans of the old brick “brownstone” type houses so we were in eye candy heaven. We also visited Wrigley Field and took a zillion pictures. Being born a lifelong Cubs fan, that was pretty cool! While we were driving around we passed Comiskey Park (where the White Sox live, booooooo!) so I snapped some pictures of it.
We found a hotel before it got too late (hotels seem to be rare in Chicago!) Then we went to dinner. A guy Ap0k works with had recommended Famous Dave’s Bar-B-Que so we went in search of it. Let me just say that living in the south I have had my fair share of bar-b-que, but nothing I have ever eaten even comes close to the Famous Dave’s! If you ever get a chance to eat at one (they are in several states) please do yourself a favor and eat your heart out. You won’t be disappointed.
Finally we went to bed at around 11pm. I was tired from being excited about the whole day so I slept like a rock.

Day 3 – Sunday
Woke up bright and early and had sex because of course you MUST have sex in every city you visit! That was a great way to start the day; get’s your blood pumping.
The hotel had a great free breakfast so we couldn’t pass that up.
The first place we visited was Shedd Aquarium. Of course Tampa has an aquarium also, but Shedd puts it to shame. We spent several hours there looking at all of the different animals. I think that the Beluga whale and Penguin exhibits are probably my favorites, though there isn’t a bad exhibit in the whole place. On second thought I think my favorite exhibit was the one with the Leafy Sea Dragons. They are one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.
Next we went to the Field Museum of Natural History. Just looking at the building itself is awe inspiring. The US has such plane architecture that building like this tend to leave you pretty much speechless. Before we went in we took a bunch of pictures of Chicago’s skyline. Tampa’s skyline is weak. We have only a few high rises and no sky scrapers. To see a skyline like this is a real treat.
Inside the museum we spent another several hours looking at everything. There are some great exhibits that really are “must sees”. The Egyptian and Native American exhibits are wonderful. The dinosaur exhibit is pretty nifty too.
Being part Mohawk I found the Native American exhibit to be the most interesting. It’s a large exhibit that has everything from small pieces of pottery to 20’ tall totem poles. The display of clothing is gorgeous. The beadwork is simply stunning.
After we looked at everything we had a snack and headed for the parking garage. The garage is underneath Soldier Field (home of The Bears!) so I took a bunch of pictures of it too of course.
By now we had pretty much walked our asses off so sitting in the car was a treat and a half.
We headed for the airport and managed to get there in time to change our flight to an earlier one. We were on standby but luckily we made it on.
The flight home was a bit bumpy, but nothing bad. We got back to Tampa, rescued my truck from the parking garage, and headed home.

It was a great 3 days! No, it was beyond great, it was a FABULOUS 3 days!!!
Did we enjoy ourselves? Let’s put it this way, we are already planning our next trip back.

I will try to post some pictures tomorrow. It is going to take me forever to go through all of the pictures we took!

To end this I have to give a big thanks to Ap0k. Thanks for taking me on this trip. You always seem to know just what I need, and just when I need it most.
I love you!
<< Home